What should you do to maintain great oral health?
- Drink fluoride water and brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste.
- Maintain good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth thoroughly and floss your teeth to remove plaque.
- Go to the dentist regularly, even if you don't have natural teeth or dentures.
- Do not use any tobacco products. If you smoke, stop smoking.
- Limit drinking.
- If you have diabetes, try to control the disease. This will reduce the risk of other complications, including gum disease.
- If your medication causes dry mouth, ask your doctor for other medications that may not cause this condition. If you can't avoid dry mouth, drink plenty of water, chew sugar-free chewing gum, and avoid tobacco products and alcohol.
- If your taste and smell suddenly change, go to the doctor or dentist.
- When you are a caregiver, if the elderly can't do these activities independently, help them brush their teeth and floss their teeth.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE